Thursday, January 8, 2015

Quinoa Salad

I don't usually get excited about salad, I'm just not a fan of raw leaves, having said that, we had this salad with some barbequed chicken last night and I loved it!
It was relatively quick and easy too as it needs to be on a weeknight.
 I started by laying down a bed of Baby Kale, we've grown a lot of Kale lately and it was great to find a new way to use it, I usually cook it.

Next, I peeled and chopped a Mango and a Cucumber,added them to a cup of cooked Quinoa along with a handful of flaked Almonds.
The dressing was simply a glut of EV Olive Oil, the juice and finely grated rind of a Lime and some Salt and Pepper.
I mixed the dressing through the Quinoa mixture and piled it on top of the Kale, topped with a few Basil Leaves. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment