Monday, December 12, 2011

Meat-free, Wheat-free Monday, Ratatouille, Potatoes & Mushrooms...

Everyone in my family either loves mushrooms or hates them! I love them but I try not to inflict them on people who dont, these grilled Mushrooms with pesto & feta are a great side dish to have with something else, the mushroom haters can then just give them a miss and have more of the "something else", in this case Jacket Potatoes with Ratatouille.



I peeled some large flat Mushrooms and grilled them stem side down until they looked cooked on that side, turned them over, spread them with pesto and sprinkled them with grated feta. I turned the heat down and continued to grill them until they were soft all the way through.







I had made a pot of Ratatouille on Sunday, I always think it tastes better the next day!












Potatoes cooked in their jackets in the microwave, topped with the Ratatouille, sprinkled with a bit of cheddar, a Mushroom or two for the Fungi Fans, everyone was happy!

2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! Definitely not like a meal where you would feel like you were missing out on anything like meat or wheat!

    ReplyDelete