Monday, August 22, 2011

Easiest Ever Marmalade


It's another glorious day, far too nice to be inside making the kitchen sticky really, however, if I don't start using some of the beautiful citrus fruit that I've been given, it will take over and I won't have room to cook anything!

If I need to be inside making preserves when I'd rather be playing in the garden, this marmalade is a good choice, it's quick, easy and pretty much foolproof. Start by roughly chopping up 3-4 pieces of fruit, I used 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 grapefruit and 1 lime, toss these into a food processor and process until mushy.
Put the mushy fruit into a large pot with 3 cups of water and 1.25kg sugar. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved then increase heat and bring to a full boil. Boil hard for about half an hour or until it jells when tested on a cold saucer.
Pour the marmalade into sterilised jars, put the lids on tightly and get back outside ito the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment