Saturday, September 3, 2011

Food Swap!

One of the first things I did when we moved to this area about 18 months ago was to join the Drysdale Harvest Basket Food swap, the swap occurs on the first Saturday morning of each month.Having a fairly young garden, I don't always have a great deal of produce to swap but I can usually come up with some preserves that I have made, often from produce that has come from a previous food swap! This month I took....



2 jars of Lemon Butter
1 jar of Beetroot & Orange Relish
1 jar of Mixed Citrus Marmalade
1 bunch of Ruby Chard
1 bunch of Crinkly Kale








I brought home...





2 Lemons
10 Limes
3 Celery sticks
1 bunch of Baby Carrots
1 Minature Cabbage
1 Pumpkin
4 Kohl Rabi seedlings
1 Lemon Balm plant










I chatted with a friendly, generous group of people who are all interested in growing fabulous, fresh food, I had a cuppa and watched a demonstration on sowing veggie seedlings, I also brought home 2 peat pots with tomato seedlings, can't wait to watch them grow. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning, I'm already looking forward to next month's Swap., follow this link to see the Havest Basket site and have a look at the blog for tips on growing veggies from seed... Drysdale Harvest Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment