Friday, September 2, 2011

When life gives you lemons......



I'm going to my local food swap tomorrow, it's on once a month and even though I feel like I've been using a lot of lemons, I still have about half a dozen left from a bag that I got at the last food swap. My three beautiful Light Sussex hens are laying well so the obvious thing to make today was Lemon Butter!









I'm trying a new recipe from a book that I've had for a while, Jams & Chutneys by Thane Prince. Combine 5 beaten eggs, 200gms caster sugar, 175mls cream and the finely grated rind and the juice from 3 lemons in a wide pan.













I used my trusty non-stick frying pan.Stir over a medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until it thickens, if it looks like boiling, turn the heat down a bit.










Pour the thickened mixture into sterilised jars, I used smallish ones as once the jar is opened it needs to be used within a week. Store in the fridge.




1 comment: