Monday, October 24, 2011

Meat-free, Wheat-free Monday, Cauliflower Pakoras

The weather is really starting to change and we're getting to the end of the cool weather vegies, our last couple of cauliflowers are ready to eat and I wanted to pick them before the slugs took over!











A Zucchini Curry was on the menu for our Monday vegie meal, I thought Cauliflower Pakoras would be a good accompaniment and a good use for the Cauliflowers, they're  always popular and so easy. I chopped the Cauliflower into florets and cooked them in boiling water until they were almost tender.





I then added a cup of Besan Flour (Chickpea Flour), to a large bowl, stirred in three quarters of a cup of water, about a teaspoon of Cumin seeds, lightly crushed in a mortar & pestle and half a teaspoon of salt.




I added the drained Cauliflower to this batter and mixed until it was well coated.













I fried the florets in Canola Oil until they were golden brown and served them with coriander leaves, the curry, rice and some yoghurt and mint raita.

No comments:

Post a Comment