Monday, October 3, 2011

Meat-free, Wheat-free Monday, Tapas


I've been thinking about Tapas ever since I mentioned them in my post about Balsamic Thyme Mushrooms, I thought Meat-free, Wheat-free Tapas would be manageable, especially if I did a bit of delegating. It all came together
well and as you can see, there was no shortage of food!






Some of the dishes we had were really simple and took little time to prepare, some took more effort such as these eggplant rolls which one of my daughters filled with ricotta and chargrilled capsicum, absolutely delicious, well worth the effort.






We had a fritatta, smashed potatoes with fennel seeds, cauliflower fritters with mint yoghurt, artichokes and olives from the deli and crusty sourdough bread.






I also made a baked dish with fetta chunks and tomato with fresh oregano, it was great spread on the bread.








Another one of my daughters made the most amazing chocolate brownie cookies with peanut butter filling from the latest issue of Donna Hay Magazine, they were the perfect end to a fun meal.

1 comment: