Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Comfort Food

I had dinner with a group of friends on the weekend, we try to meet about every six weeks at someone's home, everyone brings food and drink and often there is a theme. This time we all wore our pyjamas and brought our favorite Comfort Food! It was hard to choose a favorite! I am comfortable with most food!




I ended up deciding on this Chicken with Lime and Red Onion dish that I have made so often that it feels like an old friend! I love that it is really simple to make and reheats so well. I have been known to eat it cold the next day too!








I also made a favorite Biscuit recipe, it was given to me by my Grandma and the actual recipe is in her handwriting on a scrap of paper, all the more precious as she is no longer with us. She called them Coconut Dainties, although mine tend to be on the hefty side! I tweaked them a bit by adding Marmalade to some, not much escapes my kitchen lately without some form of Citrus fruit involved.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh nothing quite as comforting as the smell as taste of roast chicken! This looks lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! And for your lovely comment, Roast Chicken was the first real meal I ever learnt to cook so it will always have a special place in my heart!...and stomach!

      Delete