Sunday, July 29, 2012

Saturday Seafood...

I usually go food shopping first thing Saturday morning so if we're going to have a seafood meal it will usually be on a Saturday evening while the seafood is nice and fresh. This Saturday I made a dish that is fast becoming my favorite, I always like to add something from the garden to whatever I'm cooking and as the only thing that seems to be growing at the moment is Coriander, this dish was an obvious choice! I started by gently cooking a diced Onion, a couple of cloves of Crushed Garlic and when they were softened, added 2 sticks of Sliced Celery and a Sliced Fennel Bulb.



Once these had cooked for 5 minutes, I added half a teaspoon of Chilli Powder and a teaspoon of Smoked Paprika, a can of
Chopped Tomatoes and 500mls of Chicken Stock, also a couple of Bay Leaves.







Once the sauce had simmered for about 20 minutes I added the Seafood, you can add whatever Seafood you like so long as it adds up to roughly 800gms. I used 500gms of a good quality Marinara Mix, a couple of Basa Fillets and 150gms of prawns. I have used other combinations and it always seems to work well.




I added the prawns along with a good handful of roughly torn Coriander when everything else was nearly cooked. A squeeze of Lemon Juice, a few Coriander Sprigs on top and you have the most delicious and healthy Seafood dish that I know of!

No comments:

Post a Comment