Monday, January 16, 2012

Meat-free, Wheat-free Monday, Ricotta & Herb Flan...

I love Ricotta! It's so versatile, this is one of my favorite ways to use it, it's so easy and yummy!
I brush some Olive Oil into a flan dish and sprinkle on Sesame Seeds to give the flan a bit of a crust, if the flan doesn't need to be gluten-free you could use breadcrumbs.








I mix about 750gms of Ricotta, 2 Eggs, Salt, Pepper and a big handful of chopped Fresh Herbs, whatever I have growing that I think will go well, this time I used Oregano, Chives and Thyme.








.I also add about half a cup of Shredded Tasty Cheese and a handful of Toasted Pine Nuts sprinkled over the top of the flan.












The flan goes into a moderate oven for about 40 minutes and comes out browned on top and absolutely delicious! It's nice hot, or at room temperature.

2 comments:

  1. For someone who cant eat carbs at the momment....that looks mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you do it Chris! Keep up the good work!

      Delete